Operable walls are a set of panels which are interlocked and suspended from an overhead track on the ceiling. They are extended up to the floor and fixed with seals at the floor to provide acoustical separation. When they are retracted they can be stacked against the pocket in the ceiling. Extra rooms can be created by using an operable wall. Your available space can be divided by an operable wall for creating meeting rooms, function areas, extra offices, and even outdoor dining areas. They use a system of individual interlocking panels. Once these are in place they give the same aesthetics, quality, and sound reduction like a permanent partition wall. Noise reduction of up to 56dB can be achieved by having seals at the top and bottom of an operable wall, multiple infills having high performance, and a good panel assembly design. Each panel has vertical channels that have polymer inserts which act as an acoustic seal when the panels act as a wall. Panels are available in three thicknesses, 100mm, 85mm, and 110mm. It is dependent on acoustic rating (from 37dB to 56dB). Also, there are many ways of configuring or stacking the individual acoustic wall panels for giving full versatility on how the area is utilized.
The operable walls can be used wherever full utilization of room space is needed such as conference centers, hotels, offices, educational establishments, restaurants and cafes, training areas etc.
Retraction of operable seals make the panels glide quietly and easily along the unique aluminum overhead track system. For completing the acoustic sealing, the telescopic end panels will make it possible for the wall to be locked off. Easy operation and directional flexibility is provided by the track and carrier system. This allows stacking of panels in innumerable configurations.
Benefits of Operable Walls
• Individual panels can be stored away for maximum space utilization.
• For increasing acoustics, isolated aluminum frame construction is used.
• Unique track and carrier system ensuring easy and quiet operation
• For effortless operation, top and bottom seals can be operated.
• It has numerous panel stacking options for complete flexibility.
• High performance multiple infills for maximum sound attenuation.
• It is available in three panel sizes for accommodating a wide range of acoustic requirements.
• No floor track ensuring free threshold without obstruction.
• Extensive range of surface finishes can be applied.
• Suspension of movable, interlocking panels from an overhead track system.
• Sound rated panels for controlling noise effectively.
• It is available in individual (omni-directional) and paired (folding) and configurations.
• It can include access doors for easy entry and exit.
• Blends with the aesthetics of a room, similar to a permanent wall when extended.
• Available in a wide range of colors and finishes, including vinyl, fabric, veneer, chair rails, wood moldings, etc.
The above benefits of operable walls make it an obvious choice where permanent walls cannot be used.